Configuring your Orbi router as an access point allows you to use your Orbi router’s WiFi instead of the WiFi on your existing router.
To set up your Orbi router as an access point:
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the Internet port of your Orbi router to the LAN port of your existing router or gateway.
- Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network.
- Enter orbilogin.com.
A login window displays.
- Enter the admin user name and password.
The user name is admin and the password is the one that you created during set up. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
- Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router / AP Mode.
The Router / AP Mode page displays.
- Select the AP Mode radio button.
The page adjusts.
- Select an IP Address setting:
- Get dynamically from existing router. The other router on the network assigns an IP address to this router while this router is in AP mode.
- Use fixed IP Address (not recommended). Use this setting to manually assign a specific IP address to this router while it is in AP mode. Using this option effectively requires advanced network experience.
NOTE: You cannot use the Orbi app to manage your Orbi system when it is in AP mode.